Follow me on Twitter

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Casablanca - As Time Goes By




Ilsa: Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake. 
Sam: [lying] I don't know what you mean, Miss Ilsa. 
Ilsa: Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By." 
Sam: [lying] Oh, I can't remember it, Miss Ilsa. I'm a little rusty on it. 
Ilsa: I'll hum it for you. Da-dy-da-dy-da-dum, da-dy-da-dee-da-dum... 
[Sam begins playing
Ilsa: Sing it, Sam. 
Sam: [singing] You must remember this / A kiss is still a kiss / A sigh is just a sigh / The fundamental things apply / As time goes by. / And when two lovers woo, / They still say, "I love you" / On that you can rely / No matter what the future brings-... 
Rick: [rushing up] Sam, I thought I told you never to play-... 
[Sees Ilsa. Sam closes the piano and rolls it away


You know, Rick, I have many a friend in Casablanca, but somehow, just because you despise me, you are the only one I trust. 


Yvonne: Where were you last night? 
Rick: That's so long ago, I don't remember. 
Yvonne: Will I see you tonight? 
Rick: I never make plans that far ahead. 


Captain Renault: What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca? 
Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters. 
Captain Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert. 
Rick: I was misinformed. 


Quotes taken from imdb.com

1 comment: